3.23.2004

 

i'm gonna be 24 in a week.

when i was 12, i looked at 24 year old women like they were adults. all grown up, confident, put together... i thought that by the time i was that old, i'd most likely be married (maybe to keanu reeves? i think he was the hawt thing back then), have a couple of kids and be a successful marine biologist or whatever it is i wanted to be back then.

and now that i'm there, i don't feel a whole lot different than i did when i was 20. or 18 even. sure, shit's a lot different. i've done a lot in the meantime-- i got my degree (bullshit!), succumbed to the pressures of "the man" and got myself a 9-5 job, lah lah lah... but i still find myself looking at other 24 year olds, and it's weird. i can't help but think that something in me still hasn't exactly clicked. i haven't scaled some sort of magical maturity mountain-- i'm close, but not quite there yet-- i can't make myself be an adult. and i still feel a little overwhelmed, in awe, etc., when i'm in the presence of those that i consider to be "adults." i feel like i still belong at the kids table or something. is that good? bad? both? not sure. i mean, i'm all about hanging onto your youth and having fun and all that, but i'm starting to worry a little bit about the course of my development. but that's just me being silly.

anyway...

i plan to celebrate all weekend, since a monday birthday could potentially be very lame. you can get me this if you really want to. supposably [sic], it's magical.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?