8.03.2004

 

get outta my dreams, get into my car

get into betsy, baby.

day two of the great return to the workplace. fuck work. fuck it a million times. i'm wearing my size zero dress today (schmra, this will only interest you, but wtf), which is an amazing feat. i'm craving cheese conies, but have no cash with which to purchase said cheese conies. and i'm still sad.

something really really funny happened this morning. maybe one of the funniest things that has ever happened to me, ever. but i can't tell any of you about it because it's intensely personal and would maybe even be embarrasing. sorry. i'm lame, what can i say?

so, i guess i should share some vacation stories right quick, as you've all been on the edge of your seats waiting to hear the juicy details. we ate like kings, we sailed on a big ol' badass boat, we had the best ever amusement park experience (no lines! no sunburn! no mexicans!), we spent a day out on an island drinking in the sun (zack got fake mad at me for not buying him a dumptruck and pail and shovel to keep himself amused while us adults chillaxed and were lazy), we spent as much time as possible with my mother, which turned out to be a combined total of four hours all week, we took my punkass brothers out for a little sight-seeing, which basically turned into me telling them repeatedly "no, you cannot get the t-shirt with the picture of a crack pipe on it," or "no, i will not buy you a knife," etc. they're big weed-heads now. that makes me laugh, and saddens me a little at the same time. but, it's out of my hands.

yeah, it was a nice week. and i must say, zack's about the best travel companion i've ever had. we work really well together--like a well-oiled machine, baby. news of the steve definitely put a damper on the last couple of days we were there, but i managed to stay busy and make the best of it. i've said my thanks to everyone else for their help, so now it's time for me to thank the z-man for everything he's done lately (always). it wasn't easy news for him to break to me, especially since i, sensing something was wrong, basically forced it out of him in front of people he didn't know very well at all. he's been there for me like you wouldn't believe, putting up with all of my crying and wondering and postulating like a champ. yeah, i'm sad, but really, when i get to thinking about it, other than the steve thing, i'm happier than i can ever remember being. content. full. good. i'm not sure how it happened, but i'm really glad it did. thanks little mr. b, you take good care of me.

casa bonita, yeah...


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?