1.10.2005

 

poor little birdie...

i was just out back enjoying a covert smoky treat, when my eyes came to rest on the carcass of a freshly-deadened pigeon. it looks to me as though he hit a window or the side of the building at full force and broke his little pigeon neck, and then fell, wings outstretched and head thrown back, onto the grass below. he's laying there now, fully feathered, having had no chance as of yet to decompose or be eaten by bugs and other various creatures, splayed out in jesus-esque fashion.

i am such a weiner that i cried. i cried for the dead pigeon, and then i realized that i was also crying for my dead steve cat, and for the dead cats and dogs of the world. and then for some reason, my thoughts drifted to all of those poor cows and pigs that live miserable stinky lives only to one day be chopped up and stored in my freezer. and then i started craving steak, drizzled with a creamy bernaise sauce and accompanied by some steamed asparagus.

poor bird. i hope he/she managed to do some fun bird stuff before today's little accident.

in other news, does anyone know where i can get some delicious jello pudding pops?

Comments:

All the dead things go to rainbowland. No sense in crying, because everyone likes rainbowland.
 
pigeons are rats with wings.
 
Wow, I want some of what you were smoking. That sounds intense!

And...I agree with matt's comment that pigeons are rats with wings (my mom always used to tell me that growing up, so that belief is now part of me)...but rats are so much cooler. Domesticated rats, at least. Not those dirty sewer rats. Those are like, pigeons without wings or something. Damn.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?